You will need
- A long cardboard box or tube. You can tape two together to make one long box. The longer the box, the larger the projected image.
- Duct tape.
- Aluminium foil.
- A pin or a thumb tack.
- A sharp knife or cutter(Kids get your parents to do this).
- Sheet of white paper.
What to do to view the eclipse:
- Cut a rectangular hole on one end of the box using the sharp knife.
- Using the scissors, cut an equally sized rectangular piece of the aluminium foil. Make sure not to crinkle it.
- Tape the foil over the rectangular hole you just made in the box.
- Use the pin to make a hole in the center of the foil.
- Place or tape the piece of paper at the other end of the box.
- Stand with your back towards the Sun.
- Place the box on your head with the hole towards the Sun.
- Adjust your position until you see the Sun’s image reflected on the paper inside the box.
- Lastly,Enjoy the view.