Conference Project

My project was to make arrangements for my manager to attend a conference in London. I chose this topic to improve my organisation & numeracy skills.

The software I used was Microsoft Word because the layout and formatting are more beneficial than other programs.

The software features I used are pie charts, tables, bold, underline, image uploads and hyperlinks. 

I learnt how to format pie charts and my knowledge with Microsoft Word is quite above an average level.

I got my information from  http://coach.nationalexpress.com/  & www.accorhotels.com. These two sites were very easy to use & straight forward to input details to generate a result. I found the information I wanted by the website step by step options e.g. Find the journey- choose- add extras- ticket delivery- your details- payment- conformation. Information was easy to find on the internet as researching this without being able to access websites would have been more time consuming.

I found diigo (on-line book marking tool) very easy to use as well as using annotation & highlighting tools which first was hard but I have gradually got better at it, I can now access these websites without doing another search.

I believe I could have explained the project a little better & presented it in more detail. I think I could have improved the hotel information & the taxi estimate fare with more details.

Before starting the project I planned the content and this helped me to organise the information into a report of my findings.

I completed a few drafts of the project before it was accepted as my final copy, I had to make changes to the;

  • Formatting
  • Layouts
  • Correct wording
  • Removed capital letters where they were not needed
  • Re-sized images and pie chart/tables

Making these changes helped improve the overall look of the document.

From this project if I had more time and skills (reasoning I attend once every two weeks), I would improve the layout, I do think that a few bits could be changed (information layout) to make the overall project look better.

Once I completed the project I had to complete one more task which was to sort & filter 2849 locations to find E16. I demonstrated how to use the sort and filter tool, I learned how to by selecting the top rows, clicking on the sort and filter option and clicked on filter. A little square will come up on each cell in the top row which helped me sort and filter the location down to find E16.

 

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Current Learners. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s