Today I expanded upon and improved last weeks work. Originally I made a presentation comparing the specifications of two leading mobile phone models. Although I have no interest for topic, it surprisingly wasn’t mind numbingly boring. To improve on this, we took a look at some professional examples from magazines and papers to learn about the techniques used. In terms of the techniques, I didn’t really learn anything new. It’s just basic psychology. Although a lot of them have specific names which I wasn’t aware of before.
I was quite proud of this one to be honest, I achieved the effect I was going for (although to a relatively poor standard.) There wasn’t much information but the task was vague and didn’t specify the detail required. The style I wanted could have been executed far more successfully with more experience, but my Photoshop experience has never really covered this sort of thing. I improvised and it turned out okay.
This is based on one of the examples, so I won’t take credit. It looks far better than the original I made. Making the images at the bottom was a bit fiddly, but I got there in the end. I aimed for a minimalistic version of the mobiles, and it worked out well. This one has far more information than the original, as the article it was based on had a lot more. I tried to make it match. Had the task been more specific, I probably could have achieved something along the lines of this in the first place, but that’s my issue really. I need to be able to achieve this without having context and examples. Next time I will be able to. I guess I learned something.
Note: I had to use Myriad as I couldn’t install my desired font due to admin protection. Myriad is more towards the ‘vile’ end of the spectrum as far as fonts go.