Some of the things that have gone well and I have felt good about while I have been in the Cwm Glas placement are:
- I helped to fix one of the white boards which was having calibration issues.
- I fixed a laptop which was having optical drive issues.
- I helped to create covers for the kids work.
Some of the things that didn’t go well were:
- I did have some incidents of inappropriate language in front of the kids.
- I did spend a little bit to much time on YouTube near the beginning of my time there.
- I failed to find the correct problem with one of the laptops so I spend all day trying to fix something that wasn’t broken.
While at the placement I have learnt some things about the job role these things are:
- You have to stay focused on what your doing.
- You have to make sure you remember what you will be doing after the thing that you are doing now.
- It helps to know the names of the people your are working with.
I have learned some things about myself while on this placement these things are:
- I am very easily distracted especially when I have internet access.
- When I want to I can do things quickly.
- I am better at trouble shooting than I had previously thought
To build on this placement I will continue to work on my IT skill especially on the maintenance side. I do plan on continuing to work on my coding, I will be learning Java at some point and I will continue to work on my Bash/command line skills.